Monday, February 01, 2016
Posted by The Links at 8:36 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Posted by The Links at 8:09 PM
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Posted by The Links at 8:56 PM
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Napping from 1-4pm and sleeping at night 7:30-7:30. You are a great napper still. You go down so easily. You are ready to go to sleep when I lay you down. We had a few rough nights this last month with being out of town for a week over Christmas and then an ear infection. If I lay on your floor beside you bed you almost always go back to sleep.
You still love to eat! You love potatoes, tacos, french fries, cheese. You love all fruit especially bananas, apples, grapes and oranges. You are a little cleaner upper and finish whatever anybody doesn't finish on their plate. It's impossible for us to have anything different on our plate than yours. If we have something you don't, you want it!!
Doing whatever brother does, running, jumping, wresting, trucks & cars, school buses, Mickey Mouse, balls, coloring and eating!
You hate taking brother to school. You don't like brushing your teeth or getting your hair fixed. You don't like when we offer you the wrong thing you are asking for. You don't like being locked up in the playroom by yourself. You don't like when we won't get your paci out of the crib.
- You have started calling yourself "Nashy" or "Nashy-Noo" because that's what we call you a lot.
- For a while you were calling milk "milp", but now it's "milt".
- You love Mickey Mouse and can spot him on things all the time.
- You say "Ouch" all the time. If I get hurt you say out for me, if Pearson barely touches you, you say Ouch. We never know if you are crying wolf or actually hurt because you say it all the time.
- You love to snuggle! I still get to rock you for a little bit every night.
- You LOVE the John Deer power wheels we got you guys for Christmas. You still need some help driving it, but you like it way more than Pearson does.
- You run so so fast. If you get away from us, we really have to chase you.
- You are a true copy cat. If brother does it, then you will shortly follow. Good or bad, you want to be just like your brother.
- That's all I have for this month. With the holidays, I didn't write much down.
Posted by The Links at 2:59 PM
Monday, January 11, 2016
Posted by The Links at 10:23 PM
Tuesday, January 05, 2016
I'll be joining in on the #whole30 craze January 1st. I'll be eating nothing but whole, nutrient-dense, unprocessed foods for 30 days......basically a detox from all the crap I have been eating or a nutritional reset.
I first heard about #whole30 from my friend at Loved and Lovely and was intrigued. It sounded awesome but also looked really hard. Later on a friend here in Tyler posted all her meals during her Whole30 on Instagram. When I saw that a busy Mom of three could do it, there was no reason I couldn't do it to. I've been reading, researching, pinning, planning and shopping for this for the last few months so hopefully I can be successful and see some great #nonscalevictorys and maybe shed the 10ish lbs I've gained since moving to Tyler.
I'm going to go ahead and apologize for all the food pics I will be posting in the next 30 days. I need the accountability and if I have to post each meal, I'll be sure to make it #whole30compliant.
Anyone else done a #whole30 or anyone doing #whole30january??
Boiled Egg and Pumpkin Spice Larabar
Chicken Salad (Homemade Mayo, Shreded Chicken Breast, Diced Celery & Apples, Costco Super Berry Fusion Dried Fruit, Chopped Pecan, Minced Onion, Dried Parsley, s/p, Trader Joe Plantain Chips, & Pineapple
Leftover Zoodles & Meatsauce, Leftover Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Clementine & Lemon Bar Larabar
I am actually shocked at how well the Whole30 is going. Surprisingly, I haven't had a bad headache yet from the lack of sugar and my daily Diet Coke. Most people report they feel awful by Day 3 but I don't yet. Maybe it's coming, but right now I am actually enjoying preparing my healthy meals and I really look forward to each meal.
Posted by The Links at 10:12 PM
Monday, January 04, 2016
D8M- Fried Eggs, Apple & Almond Butter
D8M2- Leftover Chili, Carrots & Guac, Orange
D9M1- Fritata over Spinach & Fruit
D9M2- Salsa Chicken Taco Boats, Plaintain Chips & Quac, & Orange
D9M3- Crockpot Baked Potatoes & Leftover Kalua Pork & Broccoli Slaw
D10M- Larabar & Banana
D10M3- Out to Eat!
Posted by The Links at 3:01 PM