Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Posted by The Links at 10:04 PM
Monday, November 17, 2014
Posted by The Links at 8:17 AM
Saturday, November 15, 2014
FINALLY, we are sleeping again. We put you to bed around 7 or 7:30 and you fall asleep pretty quickly on your own with your sound machine and glow worm on. You sleep until 7ish. Sometimes a little earlier and sometimes a litter later. Most mornings you are up a little bit before Pearson which gives us a little time to nurse in bed before big bro is up for the day. Naps are also going much better. You are still inconsistent on when and how long you nap, but for the most part you nap from 1.5-2hrs. Some days I put you down around 9:30 and you nap til 11 then nurse. And some days I nurse you around 10:30 and then you nap until around noon. It just depends on the day and when we are home. Most days I nurse you around 2 or 3 and put you down for your afternoon nap around the same time I put Pearson down. I don't have to rock your or anything. You fall asleep pretty quickly if you are tired. We are all much happier now that you are well rested. Happy, well rested baby means a happy, well rested Mama!!
I nurse you 4 times a day around 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm. You eat 3 meals a day around 8am, noon, and 5:30. We haven't introduced any table food yet, but I know you are ready because you are a pro at eating puffs. I did introduce greek yogurt this month. Not "big people" greek yogurt, but the kind mixed in the Plum Organics baby food pouches. I still have small supply of breastmilk in the freezer so when you do have to have a bottle you still get breastmilk. I rarely give you bottles, though. You will eventually drink the whole bottle it just takes you forever and you can't hold it yourself. I only give you a bottle if someone else is taking care of you. If I am with you, you nurse. I tried giving you a formula bottle once this month and you barely drank any. It smelled awful so I don't really blame you for not liking it.
You are rolling all over the place!! You aren't technically mobile because you aren't crawling, but you can definitely get around. If you see something you want, you figure out how to get there. It just takes you a while because you don't take the straight shot. You have to roll, twist, turn and scoot until you get there. You are babbling a lot. We mainly hear "buh-buh" but we also have heard a few more sounds. ( /d/, /g/, /m/) You love to try to repeat after us, especially if we make a growling sound.
You starting clapping this month and it is quite adorable. You are so proud of yourself when you do it. You also starting waving and saying "hi". You wave your arm and make a high pitched "ha" sound. You will mainly just do it to yourself in the mirror. Sometimes when we say it or a strangers says it you will do it back. You will not wave bye-bye though!
Puffs, babyfood, your paci, your lovey, us rubbing your back while you fall asleep, the jumperoo, Pearson, being tickled, playing with musical toys, clapping, playing with the remotes, rolling around,
finding crumbs and tiny things you shouldn't have.
Diaper changes, pulling clothes over your head, when brother pokes you too hard, hats, hoods or anything on your head, when you run out of puffs, when no one pays you any attention, when you are overly tired, getting your nose wiped.
- Your other bottom tooth came in. Your two bottom teeth are different heights. It's so cute!
- At some point at the end of the month one of your top teeth came in. I didn't even know it.
- I took you to the doctor because of lots of congestion and a little cough. You had fluid in your ear but not a true ear infection. They gave us an antibiotic though for all the sinus stuff.
- You are such a trooper being drug around to all of Pearson's activities and running errands with me.
- You love anything that doesn't look like a baby toy! Remotes, phones, my glasses, cords, paper, big boy books etc. Obviously, some of those things we don't actually let him play with, but he loves to go for them.
- The nursery ladies always say how sweet you are. Sometimes I think you don't ever get held in the nursery because you are happy to just play on the floor. There are always screaming babies around you that need the teachers attention so you just get left on the floor!!
- Every Sunday morning and Monday for MOPS, you take a nap (45ish minutes) in the pink swing in the nursery. You never liked the swing much at our house so we packed it up, but you love it at church.
- You play well by yourself at home, but sometimes if you see me leave the room you get soooooooo sad.
Posted by The Links at 9:38 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Posted by The Links at 11:57 AM
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Posted by The Links at 10:36 PM